Udaipur is one of the beautiful city of Rajatshan. It is also known as Lake City Of rajasthan. Udaipur is hub of cultural activities in Rajasthan. It has mainy tourist attraction for first time visitor to India. It is surrounded by mountain range. It has many scenic forts and palaces, temples, monuments and many more.
Udaipur is one of the beautiful city of Rajatshan. It is also known as Lake City Of rajasthan. Udaipur is hub of cultural activities in Rajasthan. It has mainy tourist attraction for first tmie visitor to India. It is surrounded by mountain range. It has many scenic forts and palaces, Udaipur Palacetemples, monumets and many more.
Udaipur is also known as the city of lakes. The marble palaces, beautifully laid out gardens and the lakes make Udaipur seem almost like a mirage. The City of Dawn, surrounded by the ancient Aravali Mountains and set on the edge of three lakes
The foundation of the city has an interesting legand associated with it. According to it, Maharana Udai Singh the founder was hunting one day when he met a holy man meditaing on a hill overlooking the lake pichhola.
The kingdom of Mewar, with which many legends of bravery are associated, was considered the most respectable of all Rajput princely states in Rajasthan. The Rulers of Mewar are still remembered for their bravery & courage they showed for protecting their motherland from external invaders. Udaipur's beauty and its remarkable past blossoms in the heart of the visitors for a long time.
Several places of interest around Udaipur, including the majestic Chittaurgarh, the mountain fortress of Kumbhalgarh, beautiful Jain temples of Ranakpur, Eklingji and Nathdwara and the cool retreat of Mount Abu, make the visit to Udaipur a memorable one.
Forts & Palaces in Udaipur
- City Palace : This temple of Eklingji was built in 734 AD. Enclosed by high walls, it is devoted to Eklingji (A form of Shiv Deity adored under the epithet of EKLINGA).
- The Lake Palace : The Lake Palace is located on the Jag Niwas Island. It is a magical palace and its image in the middle of the lake is like a leaf straight out of a fairy tale book with an excellent taste of intricate craftsmanship and the ethnic themes using the textiles and handicrafts.
- Fateh Prakash Palace : The warmth of royal hospitality greets you as you walk along the corridors lined with large paintings of the Mewar school that flourished in the seventeenth through nineteenth century.
Museums in Udaipur
- Shilpgram Museum : Living ethnographic museum depicting the enormous diversities in craft, art & culture between various Indian states, but the exquisite terracotta work mainly in dark red and dark brown sand material along with the wooden carvings are the forte of this ethnic village.
- City Palace Museum : The main part of the palace is now preserved as a museum displaying a large and diverse array of artefacts. Down steps from the entrance is the armoury museum exhibiting a huge collection of protective gear, weapons including the lethal two-pronged sword.
Temples in Udaipur
- Eklingji Temple - living ethnographic museum depicting the enormous diversities in craft, art & culture between various Indian states, but the exquisite terracotta work mainly in dark red and dark brown sand material along with the wooden carvings are the forte of this ethnic village.
- Jagdish Mandir : There is a brass image of Garuda the Lord bird carrier. The exterior and the plinth are covered with base relief of alligators; elephants, horsemen and celestial musicians rise in tiers.
- Nathdwara temple : This great Vaishnavite shrine was built in the 17th century on spot exactly defined by the Lord himself.
Lakes in Udaipur
- Lake Pichola
- Fateh Sagar Lake
- Rajsamand Lake
Air : Debock Airport is 24 km from the city centre, Dairy Indian Airliness flights connect Udaipur with Jodhpur Jaipur aurangbad, Mumbai and Delhi.
Rail : Udaipur is directly linked by rail with major cities some important train connection are : 9643 Express ( Delhi Sarai Rohilla-Jaipur-Ajmer-Chittaurgarh-Udaipur ).
Road : A wide network of bus service link Udaipur with several destinations. Some of the important distance are Agra 630km, Ahmedabad 262 km Jaipur 406 km .Jodhpur 275km and Mount Abu 185km.
YOUR REQUEST FORM
|All Fields marked with (* ) are required.|